In Famous Last Words by Katie Alender, a serial killer is stalking L.A. and reenacting famous movie murder scenes with his victims. In honor of this new release, here (in no particular order) are some of our famous last words… from books, that is!
1. But there are much worse games to play.
2. And no grown-up will ever understand how such a thing could be so important!
- The Little Prince
3. Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.
- The Catcher in the Rye
4. “I am so glad to be at home again!”
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
5. So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
- The Great Gatsby
6. She slammed the book and stood up. All three of them turned then and walked along the river.
- Harriet the Spy
7. “Isn’t it pretty to think so?”
- The Sun Also Rises
8. All was well.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
What are some of your favorite last words?
Read an excerpt of Katie Alender’s latest thriller here!